Sunday, August 14, 2016

I Love Seattle

I do, I really, do!

Don't get me wrong, Colorado will always be my home. Nothing compares to cool Rocky Mountain breezes on a hot summer day, the lovely moderate crispness and earthy colors of a Colorado Autumn, or the view of the lights of Denver as you emerge from the front range hogbacks that are the gateway between the rustic mountains and the metropolitan city.

But I have often had occasion to visit Seattle, and while most people have really only heard about the rainy weather there - in point of fact it's really not that bad - what I like to focus on is how much there is to do there, and how truly unique those experiences are from any other city in the world. Aside from the common tourist tracks of Pike Place Market, the waterfront shopping districts, and of course the Space Needle - all of which you absolutely must see - there are other less commonly known things I wouldn't have missed for the world.

Seattle Troll Under The BridgeSome of the best meals I've ever eaten were in Seattle, from Asian cuisine to health food, and of course seafood. There are art galleries, small intimate music venues, tiny little hideaway bars that are often convoluted to get to but well worth the adventure. There's the mysterious giant troll under the bridge (look it up,) the monorail, and amphibious bus tours of the historical city.

Most of all, some of the people I love the most live there: my best friend Lisa and her daughter Krystle to name two.

Anyway, all I'm saying is, if you get a chance to visit Seattle, don't miss it. It's well worth it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home